At Hall, Ricketts,Schuller & Gurbacki, P.C., we have sued companies, corporations, insurers, municipalities and other government entities as well as individuals who have caused injuries to our clients. Attorney Gurbacki has successfully tried cases to verdict, been involved in arbitrations and mediations and has appealed cases to the Appellate Division and the New York State Court of Appeals.
Do not delay
Delays seeking help often result in loss of evidence supporting your claim. Certain required tasks must be performed within specified time periods. For example, in the case of an automobile accident in New York, no-fault applications must be submitted within 30 days and medical providers must submit claims within 45 days. There are strict time limits on other kinds of claims as well. It is important that you contact us promptly.
Things to remember if you are in an accident
- Do whatever is necessary for your health and the health and safety of others.
- Follow the directions of the police and emergency personnel.
- Seek medical aid and attention immediately and follow the directions of your doctors.
- Preserve evidence such as damaged property and have someone take photographs.
- Contact your insurance carrier.
- Complete and submit no-fault forms if it is an automobile accident.
- Seriously consider contacting a lawyer at an early stage.